Thrivent Choice Dollars®
Use your voice to make a meaningful choice! Thrivent members have input into where some of Thrivent’s philanthropic dollars go through the Thrivent Choice program. Since 2010, members have used this program to direct $300 million to churches and nonprofits nationwide.
HERE’S HOW TO DO IT BY PHONE:
1. Call 1-800-THRIVENT (1-800-847-4836) and state “Thrivent Choice.”.
- State “Choice Dollars” when prompted.
- Press 1 to direct Choice Dollars.
- Enter or speak your social security number or Thrivent ID number.
- Your call will then be transferred to an operator for completion.
- Our Organization Name is listed as: Foster Source.
HERE’S HOW TO DO IT ONLINE:
1. Log on to www.thrivent.com
- Sign in with your username and password or register for an account.
- Once you have registered and signed in, select the “Direct Choice Dollars” button for Thrivent Choice in the right-hand side.
- In the middle of the next page, type “Foster Source” in the “Organization Name” box, leave “City” blank, and click search.
- Next to our name (listed as Foster Source), click the “Direct Now” button. You will be able to assign all or part of your choice dollars to us. Recurring Thrivent Dollar designation is no longer an option. In order for Foster Source to receive your Thrivent Choice Dollars, you’ll need to make the designation each and every year.
- Click the “submit” button and your Thrivent Choice Dollars will be sent to Foster Source.
Thrivent Action Teams
Another easy way to help Foster Source build up our community is by forming a Thrivent Action Team. Action Teams receive $250 grants to bring Thrivent’s mission to life by doing projects that benefit our community. Projects can include things like organizing a morning of volunteering at a Foster Source event, or fundraisers that raise awareness and funds for our mission.
Every Thrivent member is eligible to lead two Action Teams per calendar year. To organize an Action Team, apply online today! Lead your volunteer team in a one-time fundraiser, service activity or educational event that can be completed within 90 days. Once your project is approved, you’ll receive a Thrivent Action Kit, including promotional banner, invitations and thank-you cards, Thrivent Action Team T-shirts, and a $250 Community Impact Card you can use as seed money to purchase project supplies and create promotional materials.
Looking for Thrivent Action Team Ideas?
- Volunteer to provide breakfast for foster parents and children during one of our training sessions.
- Host a bake sale that benefits Foster Source!
- Purchase raffle prizes and host a fundraiser to benefit foster families!
- Purchase diapers, wipes or formula to supplement your volunteer day with us!
- Host a car wash fundraiser to help “Clean Up Our Community” in support of Foster Source!
- CLICK HERE for 101 more ways to give back through your Thrivent Action Team!